Mời các bạn xem danh sách tổng hợp Failed to start game steam hot nhất được tổng hợp bởi game5.vn
Anyone who has used Steam to play their favorite game may be familiar with the Steam error message “Failed to Start Game (app already running)”. Although this error message is one of the most common issues that Steam users encounter, the fix for the issue does not work for everyone at all.
Getting the Steam error message “Failed to Start Game (app already running)” might be frustrating to some, especially if you know yourself that you have closed your previous game properly. What is more surprising is that in some cases, this error message may still even come up after rebooting your computer.
To help you out in fixing the Steam error message “Failed to Start Game (app already running)”, we have compiled the top 4 methods to fix this issue.
First Method – Restart Steam
The most basic and easiest troubleshooting method, restarting Steam has proven time and time again that the Steam client just needs a little refreshing to fix the Steam error message “Failed to Start Game (app already running)”. To make sure that steam has been closed, we recommend closing steam through the Task Manager.
- Bring up the Task Manage by pressing the “ctrl + shift + esc” keys at the same time. Look for the Steam client in the Task Manager window and click on “end task”
- After clicking the “End Task” wait for at least a minute for the whole process of the client to shut down.
- Relaunch Steam or the game that is displaying the problem and confirm if the issue has been fixed.
Second Method – Exit the Third Party Launcher in the System Tray
There are some games that has a launcher which exists side by side with the Steam client. If you are playing a game that launches an intro menu before you get to the main menu of the game, then most likely it is a game launcher. Most of the time, the launcher will minimize to the system tray once you enter the game. Follow these steps to in order for you to close the game launcher.
- Click on the arrow pointing up located beside your system clock on the bottom right corner of your screen and look for a game launcher.
- Depending on the launcher, right click on it and click “quit” or “exit”
Third Method – Reinstall the Problematic Game
If the first method does not fix the problem, then move on by reinstalling the problematic game. By reinstalling the game, you will be removing the old copy of the game and download and install its latest copy. This may take time to complete depending on how fast your internet is.
- Open up the Steam client on your computer and click on “Library”, right click on the game, click “manage” and click “uninstall”
- Click on “Uninstall” on the next prompt to confirm the removal of the game
- After removing the game, select the game once again and click “Install” and click “next”. Wait for the game to complete downloading and installing and launch the game to confirm if the problem has been fixed.
Fourth Method – Reinstall the Steam Client
If for some weird reason the above steps were not able to fix the problem, you can go ahead and follow the next steps to completely reinstall the Steam client on your computer.
- Open the “Uninstall or change a program” window by pressing the “Windows” and “R” keys to bring up the run line command. Type in “appwiz.cpl” and press “enter”
- In the “Uninstall or change a program”, look for the Steam client in the program list and click “uninstall” and click “uninstall” once again to confirm
- After successfully uninstalling Steam from your computer, download the latest installer by clicking here.
- Once the download is complete, double click the executable file of steam and follow the installation wizard.
- Sign in to Steam, download and install the problematic game and launch the game to confirm if the problem is fixed.
One of the mentioned solutions should be able to fix the Steam Error “Failed to Start Game (app already running).” Just make sure to follow the steps as they are and you will surely start your gaming journey.